- Apply individually or create a team (each team can have up to 3 members).
- Learn about the INL Boston Challenge and read through all the information available on the website.
- Learn About INL and our scope of business.
- Determine a specific societal challenge you’d like to address.
- Submit your idea by filling in the registration form.
- Complete the submission form and send all the required documents to the following email address - email@example.com.
That’s it. We’ll be here to help along the way and answer any questions you have.
Bring your ideas to life at INL – Braga, Portugal!
Essential Info and Deadlines:
- The INL Boston Challenge is a competition.
- You can apply individually or as a team (up to 3 elements).
- Submission deadline: May 1st 2017.
Note: although the submission deadline is on May 1st 2017, all registrations will be evaluated upon arrival and prizes will be given to individuals or teams of participants on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis (depending on the originality of the ideas/projects).
- By registering on the website | https://bostonchallenge.inl.int/ and entering all required information you are officially entering the INL Boston Challenge competition.
- You can register individually or create a team (each team up to 3 members).
- All fields of the Registration Form must be filled.
- Submissions are accepted electronically via INL Boston Challenge website only. We do not accept submissions by post mail or any other method.
- The INL Boston Challenge is open to individuals and teams (each team up to 3 members) University students and Entrepreneurs from New England region.
- All ideas/entries must address a societal challenge.
- Entries must describe a unique solution of a challenge that you have identified with potential to be of large benefit for society. If your idea is already available on the market it is not eligible for entry.
Is there a fee to register?
No, there is no fee to register on the INL Boston Challenge.
Is there a fee if I am selected?
No, there is no fee after the selection on the INL Boston Challenge.
Do I have to register to begin working on the challenge?
You do not have to register to begin working on the challenge. However, you will have to register for the challenge in order to submit your idea and/or project to compete.
What is the maximum team size?
Teams that choose to submit an idea must include two or three team members.
Can I register for the challenge as an individual?
Yes, you can register for the challenge as an individual. However, you may be asked to join with others to become a team member of an existing team.
Can I participate on more than one team?
No, you can only participate on one team for the challenge.
Can an individual or a team submit more than one entry?
Yes, you/they can.
Will late entries be considered?
The INL Boston Challenge will not accept entries after May 1st 2017. We recommend submitting your ideas as soon as possible, because all registrations will be evaluated upon arrival and ideas will be selected on a ‘first-come-first-served’ basis (depending on the originality of the ideas/projects).
I am a foreign student and/or entrepreneur from New England region currently studying and/or working in the New England area. Can I apply?
Yes, you can.
Will my idea intellectual property be protected?
Yes, your idea is your own idea. However, if during the work, your idea will lead to that a foreground IP is being generated, such IP will be shared in a fair way.
Do I need to answer all the questions in the Registration Form?
Yes. It is mandatory to answer all questions.
How about accommodation. Will INL help with the arrangements?
INL will make all accommodation arrangements and will pay for accommodation while at INL.
What about travel expenses?
INL will make all travel arrangements and will pay a round-trip travel expenses to INL for all the team members.
Is there any financial support during the stay at INL?
A stipend of $2,000 (two thousand dollars) will be provided for each selected person.
How long does the program runs?
The INL Boston Challenge will last up to 3 months during the summer of 2017 (exact starting and ending dates will be fixed in consultation with the selected teams).
If you have a question that is not addressed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.